Important Topics and Concepts
This 3-Day comprehensive math revision programme aims to revisit important topics and concepts commonly tested in the PSLE Math paper to ensure your child is sufficiently prepared for the exam.
Heuristics and Higher Order Thinking Questions
Heuristics and non-routine questions will also be included and solved using our tested and proven S.M.A.R.T. conceptual approach to stretch your child a little and give them the unfair advantage over their peers for solving challenging questions meant to sift out the high achievers in PSLE exams.
Our Comprehensive Revision Plan
Day 1 : Geometry
- Triangles, Squares and Rectangles
- Lines and Angles
- Parallelogram, Rhombus, Trapezium and their properties
- properties of angles on a straight line, angles at a point, vertically opposite angles.
- finding unknown angles in geometrical figures involving square, rectangle, parallelogram, rhombus, trapezium and triangle.
- identifying and naming isosceles triangle, equilateral triangle, right-angled triangle,
- use of the property that the angle sum of a triangle is 180 degrees.
- identifying and naming parallelogram, rhombus and trapezium,
- properties of parallelogram, rhombus and trapezium,
- drawing a square/rectangle/parallelogram/rhombus/trapezium from given dimensions using ruler, protractor and set squares.
Day 2 : Measurement
- Length, Mass and Volume
- Area and Perimeter
- conversion of a measurement
- identifying the base of a triangle and its corresponding height
- use of formula to calculate the area of a triangle.
- measurement of volume in cubic units
- drawing cubes and cuboids on an isometric grid
- use of formula to calculate the volume of a cube/ cuboid
- finding the volume of liquid in a rectangular tank
- Area and circumference of circle
- finding the area and perimeter of semi-circle and quarter circles
- Identifying ‘half moon’ and ‘sea waves’ as basic shapes in areas of circles.
Day 3 : Heuristics and Higher Order Thinking Questions
- Whole Numbers and Fractions
- Ratio and Percentage
- Rate (Tap Water Flow in / out questions)
- Rate (Worker Questions)
- Discount, GST and Interests Rate
- S.M.A.R.T. Approach
- solving up to 3-step word problems involving Rate.
- All essential concepts