1. S.M.A.R.T Concept Workshop
This workshop helps your child with revision of essential concepts commonly tested in the PSLE. Your child will also be exposed to challenging questions similar to the 4 and 5 marks questions found in PSLE, to stretch them beyond their comfort zones for a breakthrough in their results.
Fractions, Ratio, Percentage, Decimals and Whole numbers.
- Step-by-Step problem solving approach for clarity.
- Conceptual Model Approach so that your child can confidently identify concepts and solve the problem sums with ease.
Equal Concept, One Quantity Equal, Total Equal, Difference Equal, All changed quantities before-after concepts, Remainder, Sets, Simultaneous, Units & Parts
2. S.M.A.R.T Heuristics Workshop
This workshop exposes your child to a wide variety of non-routine, higher order thinking questions often used as differentiators for scoring the top bands in PSLE.
Knowing the concepts is one thing. Being able to identify the concepts and selecting the right method to solve the sums quickly (FAST) and accurately (CORRECT) is the game plan for acing the PSLE.
A 5-step problem solving framework (S.M.A.R.T) to help your child identify concepts and select heuristics confidently, so that your child can solve problem sums efficiently and accurately.
Topics & Concepts : All inclusive
Heuristics (Based on MOE latest syllabus)
- Conceptual Models
- Classifying & Comparing (Before-After)
- Identifying patterns and relationships
- Assumption (vs Guess & Check)
- Equations (Balance Beam)